Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Heavens Declare It

God is the artist I just have a cell phone to capture this. :)

       These are Amish cows (cows owned by an Amish farmer)

        My wife and I went out for an evening drive the other day and saw this unbelievable Iowan sunset.  I would like to recommend coming to the Kalona Iowa area and taking a scenic drive down gravel roads.  There are some great places to stop and shop too!  We have a country store, owned and run by Amish, as well as a dry good store, Stringtown.  The best donuts I've ever eaten, from Golden Delight bakery, also Amish owned.  We have Amish run greenhouses and lumberyards.  Stop in at one of our three harness shops and look around, maybe even have them make you a new leather belt.

      The Kalona area also has some great restaurants and fantastic gift shops.  I don't think anyone should come to the area without stopping at Sisters Garden and The Rug Cottage, both on Highway 1, south of Iowa City.  Petals is a really delightful little florist shop just west of Kalona in Amish country and also has home crafted art and gifts.

       Nobody comes to Kalona without stopping by the Cheese House for some squeaky cheese curds!  I am not paid by anyone to promote these places, I just love them and want to share the experience with my blog friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment