Sunday, November 29, 2015

Winter Scenes on the Amish Farm



There is something cozy about Amish farms during the holiday season, don't you agree?

I think it's that old-time, down on the farm quality of life that we all miss. We long for it all year, but the holiday season brings it out more than ever.

We long for the sweet, simple life. A time when people knew and cared about their neighbors.





A time when we knew the names of horses and cows instead of "cell phone aps." A place in history where little boys and girls ran and played in the snow, and also knew how to do chores.
 I love visiting Amish farms because all of this is still happening at this very moment... just as it did when my grandpa was a boy.

A few simple toys at Christmas were enough. They were toys that we enjoyed but didn't get "addicted" to. Instead of staring at a "little screen," or a "huge screen" all Christmas day, people sat and visited with each other.

Just as they still do on Amish farms.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I love seeing pictures taken with a camera better than ones with cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Helen, my daughter is a photographer and takes my cover photos for my books. It just so happens that I am not a photographer but an author... and these photos are actually from my cell-phone. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love seeing pictures taken with a camera better than ones with cell phone.

    ReplyDelete