Thursday, March 27, 2014

Belgians at the Horse Sale

This Belgian horse is one big boy!  I tried to take my picture in front of him to give some perspective but it didn't work that well.

Yesterday was a great day for me.  My wife and I went up to the Waverly Draft Horse Sale and spent the day.  I sold copies of my novel, Under the Heavens, which happens to be a book about draft horses.

There are always Amish people at draft horse sales.  Many of them stopped to look at my book, and a few bought copies!  I am hoping they will send me a note, telling me what they thought.  There is a P.O. Box address on the back of my book, so that Amish will have a way to contact me.  Of course, I welcome letters from anyone at this address.
Amish Horses
P.O. Box 495
Kalona, Iowa 52247


These Belgian horses were big and beautiful.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that I am a Percheron man.  Even though I own a team of black Percheron horses, I still enjoy looking at Belgians, Clydesdales, and every other breed of horse.

If you enjoy looking at horses, click on this link below.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.144988085694409.1073741834.135416786651539&type=3

1 comment:

  1. do you sell belgian horses in south carolina, im interested in one plz must be able to ride and must be around 18.3 or so plz starting at $2500-4000 561 932 2764 my name is lee

    ReplyDelete