Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunset / Sunrise Tour

 My last few blog posts have been tours... let's keep it going. These sunset and sunrise photos were all taken with my cellphone over the past two months. Believe it or not, I didn't touch the color or use any filters on any of them. Those are my horses, Karla and Karma, grazing as the sun comes up.
Karla heads for greener grass as the skies light up. It just so happens that we've had some incredible clouds at dusk and dawn leading to some photogenic moments.
This Amish phone booth serves the family that lives in the farmstead in the background. They can't just pick up the phone on a whim. You may recognize some of these pictures if you follow my Amish Horses Facebook page.
I snapped this beaut as I headed out to do morning chores. I couldn't believe the colors.
 This picture is of the same Amish farm as the phone booth photo. I travel this road to work every morning, therefore it's often a subject for my phone camera art.
 This photo has an interesting twist... it was taken early in the morning, but we are looking due west! Our bright sunrise lit up the entire sky... even the western view. The Amish buggy horses contrast the sky perfectly.
 Another Amish farm waking up under a glorious sunrise. It may look quiet here, but I guarantee that the family has been up for a while when I drive past at 7:00 am. In fact, chores are almost done and breakfast is on the table.
 A white draft horse highlighted in the morning light. Anyone that drives highway 1 between Kalona and Iowa City should recognize this Amish farm and white Percheron.
Open fields under the heavens.
 Another early-morning walk out to my barn.
Sunset silhouettes fences and horses.
 The sky glowed as orange as a pumpkin this evening. Click on each photo and take a closer look.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, and beautiful horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely it's time for another novel or novella in the Amish Hroses series (hint, hint, nudge, budge). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be something coming along soon. (hint, hint) Did you read Samson and Amish Delilah?

    ReplyDelete