Sunday, July 8, 2018

Amish (Horses) Paradise


 If you love horses... you need to visit Shipshewana and the surrounding area.

My wife and I visited Middlebury and Shipshewana last weekend and for me, it's an Amish Paradise!

Draft horses are everywhere! I saw a few Percherons but for the most part, the Amish here use Belgians.
 My wife is not horse crazy like me. However, she enjoyed our drive that lasted for hours... I mean hours! There are miles and miles of Amish farms. Gardens with vegetables and flowers. Hundreds of shops to visit in town and on Amish farms. Buggies coming and going to and fro. Amish people on bikes. Little children driving ponies. Yes, I kid you not, it IS an Amish Paradise!
 Pastures were lush and green.
 White houses and barns set off the green fields.
 Fences and horses are close to the road in areas.
Streams, ponds, rivers, and lakes make everything even more heavenly. This is the area that inspired my novella, Amish Park. A story about one modern family's experiences as they vacation on an Amish farm. This part of Indiana is an Amish (Horses) Paradise!

3 comments:

  1. I love Shipshewana and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wish we could go! My daughter, Katie and I looooove horses ��

    ReplyDelete